Get Adobe® Reader®
Scholarships in the Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts Division are awarded each semester in the areas of:
- Technical Theatre
- Visual Arts
Scholarships provide students who wish to study in these areas with monetary funds to be used for tuition at Northwest Florida State College.
Students must qualify for scholarships and must participate in an audition(s) process. Formal auditions are held each spring, with select opportunities for mid-year auditions allowed at the discretion of the division chair. See applications below.
Scholarship applicants should demonstrate:
- Superior technical skill and sufficient level of high school and other training to prepare them for college-level study in the performing and visual arts
- Evidence of potential for development and a desire to learn and grow in chosen field
- Satisfactory high school academic performance
- Letters of recommendation from school counselor and/or instructors, and business or community leader acting as reference
Scholarship students must:
- Maintain satisfactory academic standing in general courses and a 3.5 GPA in scholarship area
- Participate fully in ensembles, Arts programs and division courses directly related to their area of emphasis
- Volunteer to work as stage hand in at least two Broadway shows per year or if Visual Arts student, volunteer as docent in the Art Gallery or as Visual Arts studio assistant
- Be a positive and uplifting member of the ensemble group or area by demonstrating preparedness and punctuality for performances, shows and events
Scholarship Applications for the related area of study are available below. In addition to the application, all students must complete a FAFSA. If deadlines have passed, submit application with a letter asking for special consideration for private audition/review.
Contact the department for more information.